I was waiting until today to make a decision on walking to the restaurant and applying for that job. It would at least be a way to make some money, it was close enough I wouldn’t have to walk, and I really don’t think I can move to Omaha on a part-time salary, but I still don’t know.
I paid for my car that way I could at least drive to Omaha if needed. The bill came in under the $1,600 estimate at least. $1,480. What a deal…ugh!
On the better side of news, I got offered the job!
My immediate excitement was dashed when he reiterated that this was a part-time position. I thanked him for the offer (which was 20 hours a week at $19.00 per hour), but I explained about my car and that I didn’t think I could move to Omaha or commute for a part-time job making about $1,500 a month before taxes.
He told me to hang on, and he would try to get them to come up on the hours or the pay.
That’s when I told him that I really need a full-time job, and I’d be willing to help them in other areas if need be. He already knew I had sales experience and presentation experience. So, I was hoping we could leverage that.
Looks like I will give it a few more hours, but I just don’t think it would be wise to move to Omaha…well, I can’t I wouldn’t even be able to afford the first and last month’s rent right now.
Dreams, they are a dashing.